by John Darer CLU ChFC CeFT MSSC RSP CLTC
Which New York life insurance companies issue structured settlement annuities to fund New York structured settlements in Bronx, Brooklyn (Kings), Queens, Staten Island (Richmond) and New York (Manhattan), Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Orange, Putnam and Rockland Counties in 2022?
These insurance companies are the primary issuers of structured settlement annuities for the New York City area to fund NY personal injury, NY medical malpractice, NY wrongful death, auto accident, NY workers compensation settlements and to fund Structured Medicare Set Asides in 2022.
New York City Sunset
- First Berkshire Hathway Life Insurance Company Home Office: Flushing, NY
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Home Office: New York, NY
- Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company Home Office: Wilmington, DE
- New York Life Insurance Company Home Office: New York, NY
- Pacific Life and Annuity Company Home Office: Newport Beach, CA
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America Home Office: Newark, NJ
- United States Life Insurance Company in The City of New York Home Office: New York, NY
- USAA Life Insurance Company Home Office: San Antonio TX (where parties consent to using non admitted carrier)
Cases in surrounding counties such as Fairfield County, CT and Bergen County, NJ would substitute, Berkshire Hathaway Life Insurance Company of Nebraska, Pacific Life Insurance Company and American General Life Insurance Company for numbers 1, 6 and 8 respectively. Please note that a limited number of insurance companies underwrite structured settlements compared to other types of annuities.
For New York cases that go to a structured judgment, pursuant to CPLR Article 50A or Article 50B, the following of the above structured settlement annuity issuers will write annuities to fund 50A or 50B structured judgments:
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- Pacific Life and Annuity Company
- United States Life Insurance Company in The City of New York
The onerous acceleration provision for late payments in Articles 50A and 50B is the primary reason for why only three carriers write structured judgment annuities in New York.
Periodic Payment Reinsurance is available through National Indemnity Company (Berkshire Hathaway).
Structured settlement annuities are only offered through appointed structured settlement managing general agencies by their insurance licensed employees, or through affiliated insurance licensed independent agents and brokers.
Current as of July 3, 2022
Note that structured settlements can also be funded with United States Treasury Obligations. Market based options are also available.
What You Need To Know About Structured Settlement Quotes in New York
Structured Settlement quote form online.
Click left or call 646-849-1588 for New York City structured settlement quotes, employment structured settlement quotes, divorce structured settlement quotes, periodic payment reinsurance structured sales quotes for business installment sales and real estate installment
New York Structured Settlements
Comments and Trackback Policy