by Structured Settlement Watchdog
Watch Part 1 of a multi-part video series examining the tertiary market for structured settlement payment rights which may be of interest to:
- Structured settlement investors. Individual retail investors who have invested or have been advised to invest in other people's structured settlement payments, who buy those structured settlement payment rights at a discount direct, or via an assignment of payment rights from a structured settlement factoring originating company.
- Investors who have been advised to cash in other annuities, thrift savings plans or other pensions to buy other people's structured settlement payments having been told they were annuities.
- Fiduciaries, whether individuals or institutional who are evaluating opportunities pitched by financial advisors or settlement planners who have placed or are considering placing clients into factored structured settlement payment streams, or factored payment streams of any kind.
- Judges, surrogates and guardian ad litem who may encounter such investments proposed in a settlement plan, investment proposal or other sales pitch by a financial adviser, settlement planner
- Directors of State Life Insurnace Guaranty Associations and members of NOLHGA,
- Rohit Chopra, The Consumer Financial Protection Board.
- Mainstream news media.