by Structured Settlement Watchdog
The Access Funding Training Manual listed the following companies as " whale hunters" Novation, Client First, Bank of the Internet BOFI), Woodbridge, 123 Lump Sum and Imperial.
"Ballaena Terrence Tayloris"
Terrence Taylor was a structured settlement whale until the " whale hunters" readied their harpoons for the millions in structured settlement "blubber" bounty.
A number of structured settlement factoring companies participated in 11 structured settlement factoring transactions in less than 2 years that Portsmouth Circuit judges in Virginia approved as being in Terrence Taylor's "best interest". One of those deals was with Client First. The majority were with Structured Asset Funding/123 Lump Sum.
On Wednesday October 6, 2021 Structured Asset Funding/123 Lump Sum will be in Court represented by Steve Heretick in front of Hon. Charles Maxfield. Umpteen motions remain outstanding for years. One to compel discovery has been pending for almost 6 years!
- Is it the Portsmouth circuit's inefficiency?
- Is it the factoring company's lawyer having been a member of the Virginia house of delegates (until January 2022) and exercise of legislative privilege?
- Is it something inequitable?
Do Black Structured Settlement Annuitant Lives Matter in Virginia?
Unlike Captain Ahab's white Moby Dick, this "whale" is an African-American man whose predators are white with white judges and white lawyers. Consider that it took 2 years to obliterate millions of dollars in Terrence Taylor's structured settlement payments in ELEVEN transactions, BUT in THREE TIMES that amount of time there has been no progress in this African-American man having his case heard.
" Whales Tales"
- Novation Funding Whale Hunting Expedition
- Client First had a piece of Terrence Taylor, but elected to settle early on in the litigation Woodbridge crashed and burned in 2017 and its founder Bob Shapiro is in prison for a very long time for his role in a Ponzi scheme.