by Structured Settlement Watchdog
Rising Capital Setting Credibility is an apt Haiku to describe the level of abject Delray Beach nonsense on display from Rising Capital.
The following paragraph appears on the Rising Capital website at time of publishing and gives reckless advice about how couples contemplating life without each other should plan for it financially. It comes as no surprise that Rising Capital's one trick pony idea, is to sell your annuity (for pennies on the dollar) so that you have a "large" lump in return, allowing you to invest it where you need it. Don't be fooled by Rising Capital's nonsense.
Life Insurance is a much better idea than the reckless Idea that Rising Capital is suggesting
Unless the spouses are not insurable, buying life insurance is a far more efficient means to provide financial security to spouses, since the timing of demise is presumably unknown. The life insurance death benefit can provide an immediate income tax free lump sum to
- Pay final expenses
- Pay off debts
- Offset loss of retirement income benefits to surviving spouse at death
- Pay income with respect to decedent (IRD) taxes
- Provide for care of a disabled child, or spouse
- Provide funds to buy out a business interest
- Is creditor proof in most states
- One can spend all one's money and, as long as premiums are paid, still leave money to loved ones
- Can be designed to provide an "inevitable gain"
- Balance uneven distributions between family members if one child goes into family business and another does not
Life insurers also have other life insurance claim settlement options besides lump sum at death to suit a beneficiary's needs.