New York State Supreme Court Nassau County Order to Show Cause December 17, 2010 by Hon. John M. Galasso, concerning proposed orderly liquidation of ELNY estate and to continue payments to structured settlement annuitants and other annuitants. Download ELNYShowCauseOrderDec172010
Annual Report of the New York Liquidation Bureau for December 31, 2009 and 2008. Audited Statements including statutory basis balance sheets published July 28, 2010 Download Ny-liquidation-bureau-2009-annual-audited-report-Elny
Background Information on Executive Life of New York ("ELNY")
- Insurer Has Big Investor: Metropolitan (Life Insurance Company) January 21, 1992 New York Times. A refresher for anyone wanting to know the role of MetLife in the ELNY rehabilitation. I've heard different representations of the facts over the years. It's important for newer settlement professionals and other structureed settlement stakeholders to have contemporaneously written history to go along with the anecdotal.
- New York Announces Plans For Executive Life Bailout, January 22, 1992 New York Times. Further details important to having a proper knowledge foundation about this matter.
- Executive LIfe of NY Order of Rehabilitation April 23, 1991. Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Nassau
- The National Organization of Life & Health Insurance Guaranty Associations (NOLHGA) statement December 4, 2007
- Executive Life of New York Shortfall Resolved Announces Spitzer December 4, 2007, blog post by John Darer on Structured Settlements 4Real dated December 4, 2007.
- New York Liquidation Bureau
- Insurers to Protect Executive Life of New York Annuitants National Underwriter December 6, 2007
- Executive Life Insurance of NY: Will There Be ELNY TO Pay?" blog post by John Darer on Structured Settlements 4Real on February 21, 2011.
Customer Service Telephone Number for Executive Life of New York 855-421-8850**
Note that for changes of beneficiaries/ address changes and changes of bank accounts for electronic funds transfer ("EFT"), you should contact Guaranty Association Benefits Company (GABC), in effect since the liquidation of ELNY in August 2013.
If you have previoulsy sold ELNY or GABC payments to a structured settlement factoring party for "cash now" and still have remaining payments, who you contact will depend on whether there is a servicing agreement in place. Start with GABC and go from there.