by Structured Settlement Watchdog
- A structured settlement is not a type of income annuity. It is a way to settle a lawsuit.
- A structured settlement may be funded with an annuity, or it may not.
- A structured settlement comes about as the result of a negotiated compromise.
- Their sequencing of the structured settlement transaction is wrong. AnnuityExpertAdvice.com has the cart before the horse.
- The Defendant has the option to pay in a lump sum regardless of the size of the case.
B. What AnnuityExpertAdvice.com Claims
"The structured annuity came about in 1983 after the Periodic Payment Settlement Act of 1983 was established"
2 More Reasons Why AnnuityExpertAdvice.com is Wrong
- An Act is signed into law, not established. PPSA 1982 was signed into law by President Reagan in January 1983.
- Structured settlements were actually created before 1983 as just a teaspoon of research will demonstrate.
C. What AnnuityExpertAdvice.com Claims