by Structured Settlement Watchdog
We are approaching the 4th anniversary of one of the silliest statements made by a structured settlement consulting firm. And the firm has doubled down on the silliness.
Silly Structured Settlement Statements ( say that 10 times really fast). Breathe deeply. OK let's move on...
- Structures are "The Greatest Gift the IRS ever gave to injured individuals" May 2017
- "Structures are not only the greatest gift the IRS provided to injured to injured individuals" but also the goose and its golden eggs" March 2021
The statements by the structured settlement consulting firm demonstrate an unfortunate lack of familiarity with the roles of Congress, the power granted to Congress to levy taxes by the United States Constitution and the role of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- In the United States, the Congress passes tax laws and requires taxpayers to comply.
- The taxpayer’s role is to understand and meet his or her tax obligations.
- The IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. [ Source: IRS.gov The Agency Its Mission and Statutory Authority]