by Structured Settlement Watchdog
JG Wentworth "Babble-on"
Metaphorically speaking, Money Maker Magazine's work about JG Wentworth is about as over the top as the opening scene of the 2022 movie "Babylon" which showcases the challenge of transporting the proverbial "elephant in the room" to a house up a hill using a rickety 1920s era truck, with "explosive" results. See Babylon’s wild elephant poop scene took an ungodly amount of work - Polygon.
Here instead of pachyderm, the subject is JGWentworth, the structured settlement secondary market's figurative 800 lb Gorilla that falls well short of reality. Money Maker Magazine demonstrates that it's a puffery dispensary on this showing. Money Marker Magazine's astounding lack of attention to detail makes JG Wentworth look ridiculous for anyone that knows.
A. "The Journey of JG Wentworth: Pioneering Structured Settlement Solutions"
"For decades, they’ve carved out a name as a steadfast ally for folks navigating the complexities of financial windfalls. Here’s the scoop on how they became the go-to experts
- JG Wentworth started off with a bang, cutting through the financial jargon to offer clear-cut solutions.
- They’ve been riding the wave of success, constantly evolving their services to meet the changing needs of their clients in structured settlements.
- Argle-Bargle. JG Wentworth does not provide financial advice by its own admission. See below. That has not stopped JG Wentworth from being promoted as "Structured Settlement Brokers" using Google Adwords.
- Cash, cash and more cash is not a steadfast ally for folks navigating the complexities of financial windfalls. And oh yeah (in case you missed #1), JG Wentworth, by its own admission (in the legal declaimers on its website-see below) states it does not provide financial advice.
- Cash, cash and more cash, varying in the degree of "pennies on the dollar", are three solutions that do not require a sophisticated GPS.
- To the extent that JG Wentworth has the lowest cost of money at a particular point in time, if a customer shops around and comes back to JG Wentworth they will usually get a more competitive deal than its first quote.
- I suppose two bankruptcies while surfing the "wave of success" is really "shooting the curl" puff daddy.
B. "JG Wentworth’s Approach to Structured Settlements"
- JG Wentworth steps up to the plate, offering up their signature blend of customer care and savvy financial advice.
- Are we speaking about a baseball game, a salad dressing, coffee beans, a Bordeaux blend (I was just there in August), or perhaps a Chianti or Amarone? Maybe just a spirulina smoothie.
- Oh yeah, JG Wentworth does not provide legal, financial or tax advice by its own admission. See for yourself!
C. "How JG Wentworth Has Shaped the Structured Settlement Industry"
"Before JG Wentworth stepped into the spotlight, the structured settlement industry was like a wild frontier. Now, let’s journey through their industry-changing influence:
- It’s like comparing apples and oranges when you look at industry standards pre and post-JG Wentworth’s era.
- Crack open the case studies, and you’ll find the undeniable mark they’ve left behind".
- Given that they’ve "been around since the peachy days of 1991", JG Wentworth could not have played a role (and did not play a role) in Private Letter Rulings, the Periodic Payment Settlement Act of 1982, the establishment of IRC 104(a)(1), IRC 104(a)(2), IRC 130.
- The insinuation that J.G. Wentworth has anything to do with the primary structured settlement market, its origins or market place standards, is just an elephant sized serving of poo poo stew.
- Ironically Peachtree Settlement Funding, has been a member of the JG Wenwtorth family since July 12, 2011. But Peachtree was not established until 1996. An example of industry standards in the JG Wenwtorth era Illinois Supreme Court Tosses Brenston "Turkey" at Peachtree - Structured Settlements 4Real® Blog: Structured Settlements | Settlement Planning News and John Darer Reviews (typepad.com)
- Arguably the efforts of JG Wentworth and similar companies included directly or through proxies, attempts to adopt and usurp primary market terms and served at times to confuse consumers and judges.
- There is little regulation of the structured settlement secondary market, especially its participants. Just a few states require registration of transferees and then in response to some national or regional news story in the mainstream press [see, for example, Minnesota, South Carolina, Louisiana, Maryland, Florida, Virginia]
D. JG Wentworth and Strategic Financial Planning
"Let’s not beat around the bush; integrating structured settlements into your financial plan is a brilliant move.
- JG Wentworth’s foresight has helped many turn structured settlements into a cornerstone of their financial future.
- Testimonials overflow with praise, hailing JG Wentworth’s masterstroke advice and services. Like a Dior Lip oil at a TS concert".
- How about not bullcrapping consumers? J.G.Wentworth is not a licensed financial advisor or insurance agent by its own admission and cannot offer financial advice [ AI driven BS impeached by irrefutable statement on the JG Wentworth website as you can see above discovered by Google search]
- JG Wentworth does not place structured settlement annuities
- Great analogy. Dior Lip oil and the dubious JG Wentworth promotion on display. Both are used to plump it up.
E. Breaking Down JG Wentworth’s Structured Settlement Process
"Wading through the process of obtaining a structured settlement can feel like navigating a labyrinth. But fear not, here’s the lowdown with JG Wentworth:
- Step one, two, and beyond – JG Wentworth’s process unraveled.
- A picture says a thousand words, and the visual aids here speak volumes".
- J.G. Wentworth by its own admission, is not licensed and does not provide financial advice. J.G. Wentworth has no role in "obtaining a structured settlement".
- Couldnt agree more on a picture saying a thousand words, as you can see the above excerpt of a clear legal disclosure from J.G. Wentworth's website which renders the Money Maker Magazine puff piece useless in less than a few words. Why waste resources when you can do it with a lower carbon footprint eh?
- We clearly demonstrate the virtue of concise and informative vs.blah, blah, blah!
F. Analyzing JG Wentworth’s Structured Settlement Success Stories
"Nothing speaks louder than success, and JG Wentworth‘s track record is chock-full of them:
- It’s like thumbing through a rapper Drake photo album, they say, each customer profile tells a story of financial transformation.
- Satisfaction and financial health metrics post-JG Wentworth’s touch are off the charts".
FLAW: Success means two bankruptcies, the first in May 2009. On November 8, 2017, J.G. Wentworth filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy for the second time in nine years. JGWE stock plummeted as much as eighty-seven percent on November 10, 2017. JGWE literally was OFF the charts! But the 800 lb gorilla is resilient.
What is JGW Connects? (NEW DEVELOPMENT)
JG Wentworth is now using its well recognized brand to advertise other products and services through JGW Connects.
However, according to the JG Wentworth website, JGW Connects does not provide ANY of the products or services advertised and does not make any decisions regarding your eligibility for those products or services. All decisions regarding approval or denial of a particular product or service are the responsibility of the participating company and will vary based upon your particular financial situation, and criteria determined by the company to whom you are matched. Not all consumers will qualify for the advertised rates and terms.
Any information provided on this site is for educational purposes only. JGW Connects, LLC is not an agent of you or any third party advertiser on this website. You should rely on your own judgement in deciding which available product, terms and provider that best suits your personal financial requirements. We (JGW) do not offer financial advice, advisory or brokerage services. We recommend that you consult with your own independent advisors regarding these products and services.
Last updated November 26, 2023