Annuity.org may be good at SEO, but for the reasons backed by the examples and anecdotes often cited in this blog, Annuity.org often comes up short on the
CBC Settlement Funding shill Annuity.Org published bogus information that was purportedly fact checked and financially by a PhD only last month. In "Why Is Court Approval Necessary?" Annuty.org writes:
- The Periodic Payment Settlement Act of 1982 says nothing about "the sale process".
- The relevant act for the company that Annuity.org is shilling for is the Victims of Terrorism Tax Relief Act of 2001 (VTTRA)
- The United States Government does not pass laws, Congress does.
- Congress, is part of the legislative branch of the United States government and is one of three branches of government The other branches are the Executive branch (the President, Vice-President and the Cabinet)) and the Judicial branch (Court system)
- Mandating court approval (as part of VTTRA and state structured settlement protection acts)is a guardrail but does not absolutely "ensure that the sale is in the consumer’s best interest and a factoring company is not taking advantage of the person’s ignorance".