by Structured Settlement Watchdog
Using a " throw a bag of poo against the wall and see what sticks" lead generation, Annuity.org writer Catherine Byerly penned a long education piece on Medical Malpractice Structured Settlements that cites a similarly titled piece from structured settlement cash now company Novation Settlement Solutions, the financial rapists of New Yorker Cedric Martez Thomas in October 2015. Novation's shafted Thomas for more than $1.4 million in profit spread in one of the worst single case deals that I have seen in the last 15 years.
Typical of Annuity.org misrepresentations of "Fact checked", Byerly claims that " In the case of a minor, however, many medical malpractice structured settlements are set up to end when the child reaches the age of majority (anywhere from 15 – 21 years old, depending on the state). Sheri Stritof published an excellent piece in 2018 which discusses When Do You Reach the Age of Majority? and has a state by state listing of the age of majority, or legal age of adulthood.
Fact The age of majority is no less than 18 in any state and generally ranges from ages 18-21 [see ThoughtCo, Aug. 22, 2019, thoughtco.com/age-of-majority-chart-2300968 ]
The 411 on Annuity.org For Consumers
- Annuity.org exists for the benefit of its owners and the one or two companies whose chief value proposition is to pay structured settlement payees pennies on the dollar for their structured settlement payments. For a long time one of those companies has been CBC Settlement Funding out of Conshohocken, PA.
- Because Annuity.org profits from those pennies on the dollar factoring companies' success, from the leads that Annuity.org generates for them, they arrive at the starting line with a distinct lack of credibility.
- The flow of legitimate and accurate information about structured settlements to primary market structured settlement consumers is impaired when they have to weed through websites with the consistent level of incompetence and inaccuracy seen on sites like Annuity.org.
- The long term future for pennies on the dollar paying structured settlement factoring companies is a growing population of structured settlement payees.
- Leaving the education of the prospects to a lead generation firm whose writers lack professional credentials, licenses and know how is a danger to consumers who rely on iot, in my opinion.