by Structured Settlement Watchdog
How Does Structured Settlement Broker Get Paid? Who Pays It? - Structured Settlements 4Real® Blog: Structured Settlements | Settlement Planning News and John Darer Reviews (typepad.com)
"don’t take any money from the injured party, their attorney, or the insurance carrier. Consultants get a commission from the annuity issuer, and they all pay us the same! So, there’s no benefit to promoting one company over another. Our job is to make sure we find the best fit for the client – we’re getting paid the same amount either way..." they say.
Food for Thought...
A. Not all structured settlement annuity issuers pay the same, but most do
See my November 6, 2021 blog about Independent Life's unique in the industry Duration Based Structured Settlement Compensation Model (4structures.com)
It's possible that the broker in question is not appointed with Independent Life. If so, that's certainly OK. It's their choice.
B. The statement does not delineate whether it refers solely to structured settlement annuities.
Following are examples of periodic payment solutions that have different compensation options and/or fees than annuities.
- Funding Agreement Structured Settlement for Taxable Damages (4structures.com)
- Treasury Funded Structured Settlements | 4structures®
- Assura Trust | Market Based Structured Settlement Option | (4structures.com)
- Settlements Plus/Fee Structure Plus (Structured Assignments)
- Havelet Assignment Company (4structures.com)
Some include variable compensation options.