by Structured Settlement Watchdog
Disgraced former structured settlement broker Joe Gargan's Covid-19 Hail Mary pass of excuses in relation to his criminal acts, has resulted in a figurative sack of potatoes. Pretty soon he may be peeling them. Gargan is going to prison and must report by January 4, 2021. Even the Kennedy legacy couldn't save him.
70 months with 3 year supervised release term
$100.00 Assessment on each of Counts 1 & 2 = $200; $ 0 Fine
$9,117,165.00 Restitution Ordered pursuant to the Restitution Order entered and filed in
Consent Order of Forfeiture entered and filed in open court. Download Consent Order of Forfeiture Gargan
Conditions of Supervised Release:
1) If restitution is not paid in full by the time the defendant is released from custody, any
remaining balance shall be paid in equal monthly payments of $500, to commence within 60
days of release, until paid in full.
2) The defendant shall apply all monies received from income tax refunds, lottery winnings,
inheritances, judgments, and any anticipated or unexpected financial gains, to the outstanding
court-ordered financial obligation, or in a lesser amount to be determined by the court, upon the
recommendation of the probation officer.
3) The defendant shall not incur new credit charges or open additional lines of credit without the
approval of the probation officer.
4) The defendant shall provide the probation officer access to any requested financial
5) The defendant shall participate in a program approved by the United States Probation Office
for mental health treatment. The cost of this program is to be paid by the defendant as directed
by the probation officer.
Download Criminal Judgment Against Joe Gargan 9-23-2020
Read About Rossie D. Alston, the judge who sentenced Gargan
Comments and Trackback Policy