by Structured Settlement Watchdog
DRB Capital Solution to Improve Your Life "Pig Crack"
DRB Capital is hooked on Pig Crack and trying to reel structured settlement annuitants in for pennies on the dollar to pay for education. Pig Crack, neither kosher, nor halal.
Have a look at the image of Pig Crack on the right which DRB Capital displays on its website and May 20, 2018 Tweet.
" Winning a Structured Settlement" and Guaranteed to Lose Money 100% of the Time, Just By Doing Business With DRB Capital
DRB Capital disseminates illiteracy with the statement that " If you’ve won a structured settlement in a lawsuit against an insurance company, then there are a lot of things that the courts will allow you to do with that money". Structured settlements are negotiated not won. Structured settlements are established as the result of a compromise. Whatever you do with DRB Capital you are guaranteed to lose money. The most that DRB Capital will pay you is pennies on the dollar, just like any other buyer of structured settlement payment rights. Quite ironic is DRB Capital's Pig Crack, isn't it?
When you encounter Pig Crack, just remember this parody of what you learned as a young child
This little piggy went to market
This little piggy stayed home
This little piggy sold their structured settlement and went wah wah wah all the way home.
Except nobody is there to tickle your feet, just Pig Crack.
DRB Capital Does Not Fund Structured Settlements
DRB Capital is using the term " structured settlement funding" as the word of the day to mask the term structured settlement factoring which is what they actually do. The legal process by which DRB Capital acquires structured settlement payment rights is known as a structured settlement factoring transaction and even has its own section of the Internal Revenue Code IRC 5891. DRB Capital does not fund structured settlements, unless they are acting in one of the following capacities.
Top 4 Structured Settlement Funders
- Defendant, if the Defendant is buying and holding the qualified funding asset
- Insurer for Defendant, if the Insurer is buying and holding the qualified funding asset or entering into a periodic payment reinsurance agreement.
- Qualified Assignment Company, purchases and holds the qualified funding asset in the majority of cases where the structured settlement payments represent payment of damages or claims for personal physical injury, physical sickness or wrongful death, within the meaning of IRC 104(a)(2) or workers compensation within the meaning of IRC 104(a)(1)
- Nonqualified Assignment Company purchases and holds the funding asset in the majority of cases where the structured settlement payments do not represent payment of damages or claims for personal physical injury, physical sickness or wrongful death, within the meaning of IRC 104(a)(2) or workers compensation within the meaning of IRC 104(a)(1). Examples here, and certain types of attorney fee deferrals.
Companies that advertise that they are Structured Settlement Funders But Aren't
- DRB Capital
- Rising Capital
- Peachtree Financial ( a JG Wentworth company), Radnor, PA
- Lawstreet Funding
- Black Diamond Funding, Ft Lauderdale, FL