by John Darer® CLU ChFC MSSC RSP CLTC
Structured settlement annuities tend to be issued by largest and well capitalized insurers in the United States. 50% of the top 12 insurance holding companies in the United States include a subsidiary or subsidiaries that issue structured settlement annuities. [ Data compiled from Best's Review, based on 2016 assets]
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company
Prudential Financial, Inc.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America
Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- Berkshire Hathaway Life Insurance Company of Nebraska
- First Berkshire Hathaway Life Insurance Company
- Columbia Insurance Company
- National Indemnity Company
American International Group, Inc.
- American General Life Insurance Company
- United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York
- Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [(VALIC) former]
The Hartford Financial Services Group. Inc.
- Hartford Life Insurance Company (former issuer)
- Hartford Life Inc. (a guarantor under the Hartford program)
Pacific Mutual Holding Company
- Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Pacific Life and Annuity Company
Liberty Mutual Holding Company Inc.
- Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (guarantor of Liberty Life)