by Structured Settlement Watchdog
Richart Ruddie of Profile Defenders, JRR Funding, Annuity Sold, Uber Funding LLC, Einstein Structured Settlements, was sued for Conspiracy and Deceptive Trade practices in 2012, over an alleged brandjack that Ruddie admits to.
Seems like "Chart" hasn't learned much. Here the arrogant Ruddie brags about doing dirty work that got his client sued in a January 2016 blog post:
"In fact I am such a good brander and marketer that I had a client rank them for a famous celebrity and did such a great job that I took over all the rankings on page 1. The best part is that the client wasn't supposed to be doing that and the celebrity sued him, myself, and a few others. It's a great branding point though showcasing how good I really am at what I do for... clients".
Clearly Richart Ruddie marvels in his association with dirty work. Besides the Einstein Structured Settlements brandjacking machine,
- Annuity Sold fraud for representing it was licensed in all 50 states
- Annuity Sold plagiarism of the work of a competitor (Annuity.org)
- Einstein Structured Settlements fraud for buying testimonials and then holding them out as if they were real customers
- Einstein Structured Settlements fraud for creating bogus academic credentials that were used in public facing advertising.
- Einstein Structured Settlements fraud for advertising bogus settlement planning seminars
Postscript : In January 2018, JRR Funding and associated companies were banned from doing business in Maryland for 7 years for fraud. Said Attorney General Brian Frosh, "We will continue to fight to stop predatory companies who use deceptive sales tactics and other misrepresentations to take advantage of vulnerable Marylanders.”
Comments and Trackback Policy