by John Darer CLU ChFC MSSC RSP CLTC
The Society of Settlement Planners annual education meeting will take place from April 27-29 2014 at the Ritz-Carlton New Orleans, Louisiana As I reported last year, the SSP has moved to an open platform and focusing on what it does best, which is to provide a top notch continuing professional education program. Following the change to an open platform, in May 2013, I chose to make my first trip to the SSP meeting after 8 years and I found it to be a valuable educational experience. I also presented at the 2013 meeting on Long Term Care.
Among the 2014 topics:
- Top 10 Game Changers: Are You Ready? Michelle Fuller Michigan Law Center
- ELNY: Lessons Learned & The Impact Going Foward Eddie Stone
- Why Dave Ramsey and Suze Orman Hate Annuities and Why You Should Not Don McNay
- Affordable Care Act Kevin Urbatsch Meyers Urbatsch PC
- Social Media and Your Business Conversations LLC
- Factoring Panel Steve Harris and Earl Nesbitt, handling the roles of protagonist and antagonist
- Settlement Planning Reimagined: Tools and Techniques to Empower Our Clients & Improve Our Engagements Joe Tombs and Greg Maxwell Amicus
- Settlement Annuity Options: Incorporating New Products and Strategies to Increase Your Business and Benefit More Clients Dave Hickey Brant Hickey
- Legal Committee Update Jeremy Babener Lane Powell PC
- Medicare Secondary Payer & Liability MSAs Sally Stalcup MSP Regional Coordinator Region 6 CMS
- Attorney Fee Structures Clay Bigler
- The NSSTA and SSP meeting sandwich the month of April so it is conceivable that a structured settlement broker or settlement planner could attend both meetings.