by Structured Settlement Watchdog®
Access Funding, a new structured settlement factoring company led by industry veteran Lee Jundanian, is to commended* for going against the grain and posting clear biographical information about its management team on its website. Perhaps more companies in the structured settlement secondary market can follow suit instead of operating out of UPS store mail boxes and soliciting over the web with anonymous domain registrations and websites with privacy policies that refer to non existent entities.
For some reason transparency is the exception rather than the rule in the structured settlement secondary market.
Enabled and emboldened by the lack of regulation, certain participants in the structured settlement secondary market effectively mock the United States Congress and state attorneys general with:
- Websites with domains registered anonymously
- Websites registered and/or hosted outside of the United States
- Websites involving companies and/or individuals who have used fake indentities and fake academic credentials in public facing websites and social media . Some companies issue press releases issued by fictitious individuals.
- Companies that are not registered with the secretary of state in each of the states in which they are soliciting business.
- Companies soliciting business that may have employees that may have criminal records.
The structured settlement secondary market companies that engage in one or more these practices may also be soliciting investors.
* Please note that the structured settlement watchdog is commending the disclosure, but not endorsing Access Funding.