by John Darer CLU ChFC MSSC CeFT RSP CLTC
Your money or your life? How easy is it to deal with a lump sum settlement?
An often cited statistic is that "90% of people have no money left after 5 years" focuses on stereotypical wasteful dissipation.
The failure rate for retirement account withdrawals, when accounts run out of money, using the old "rule of thumb" of 4 percent per year withdrawal rate is as high as 57 percent according to Retiring on CDs Not Viable, by Sheyna Steiner April 17, 2013, for Bankrate.com. Even a 3% withdrawal rate has a more than 20% failure rate for all asset allocations. Steiner observes "... that it may be a very long time before Americans can feel safe in retirement without purchasing a guaranteed income product. She asks "Is this going to be the age of annuities?"
In a fair extrapolation from the retirement study, which appears to be based on a Monte Carlo analysis,
- Structured settlement annuity guarantees are an essential part of the settlement recovery to produce core income
- Structured settlement annuitants should think long and hard about an aggressive sales pitch from a buyer of structured settlement payments teasing them into a discounted lump sum
4structures.com LLC offers a variety of income annuities and other income planning solutions, which provide contractually guaranteed income backed by some of the largest financial institutions in America.
- Structured Settlement Annuities
- Structured Attorney Fee Annuities
- Deferred Income Annuities (DIA)
- Single Premium Imemdiate Annuities (SPIA)
- Treasury Funded Structured Settlements (TFSS)
- Insurance Company backed Funding Agreements
- Periodic Payment Reinsurance.
In addition, the company offers other income protection solutions such as disability insurance, disability ovehead expense plans, disability buyout, key person disability coverage and long term care solutions.
For more information please contact me at 888-325-8640 or cell 203-561-6560