An online retirement investment study by Allianz found by an almost 4 to 1 margin, Baby Boomers are more attracted to guarantees for their retirement savings versus the potential of high returns with market risk. When asked which is more attractive, a financial product providing a 4 percent return but guaranteed not to lose value, or a product with an 8 percent return subject to market loss and even loss of principal, 75 percent of respondents opted for the safe route.
Allianz’s online survey consulted more than 3,000 U.S. adults aged 44 to 75.
Baby boomers can benefit from structured settlements, which provide a guarantee and tax advantages to boot, in a unique package.
These include (but not limited to):
- Baby Boomers who have suffered physical injuries or sickness caused by third parties
- Baby Boomers who have lost loved ones who have wrongful death claims or legal actions. Note emphasis on wrongful death. There is strong reason to believe that pre-death pain and suffering claims cannot be structured after a claimant dies.
- Baby Boomer attorneys who are interested in mitigating year one tax exposure through structured attorney fees and other attorney fee deferral programs,
- Baby Boomers who are on workers compensation
- Baby Boomers who have employment related claims other than back pay or front pay.
A portion of settlement proceeds may be allocated to provide guaranteed long term financial security. Structured settlements payments that, represent damages for physical injury or physical sickness [IRC 104(a)(2)] or workers compensation [IRC 104(a)(1)] are free of income taxes.
In addition to structured settlements, similar guarantees are on offer with other structured annuity programs such as structured sales, a low basis high value real estate/ business sale solution for Baby Boomers (and others)**, and structured celebrity endorsement fees. Furthermore, Baby Boomer Real Estate agents can defer their commissions through a unique structured commission program. Read more about the many applications for non qualified structured settlements as an income deferral solution.
Contact me for more details 888-325-8640