Which life insurance companies write structured settlement annuities in Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Manhattan, as well the Greater New York City Metropolitan area, including Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland and Fairfield County (CT)?
The following companies are the primary writers of structured settlement annuities for the New York City metropolitan area.
- Allstate Life Insurance Company of New York Home Office: Hauppauge, NY
- United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York Home Office: New York, NY (as of 12/31/10)
- John Hancock Life Insurance Company of New York Home Office: Valhalla, NY
- Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston Home Office: Boston, MA
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Home Office: New York, NY
- New York Life Insurance Company Home Office: New York, NY
- Pacific Life and Annuity Company Home Office: Newport Beach, CA
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America Home Office: Newark, NJ
The above list of New York admitted structured settlement annuity companies apply to settlements only. Cases in Fairfield County, CT would substitute Allstate Life Insurance Company, American General Life Insurance Company and John Hancock Life Insurance Company (USA) for numbers 1, 2 and 3 respectively. Please note that a limited number of insurance companies underwrite structured settlements compared to other types of annuities. There are a variety of types of structured settllement payments such individual or multiple deferred or immediate payment streams, fixed percentage increases, step cash flows, deferred lump sums and more.
For New York cases that go to a structured judgment, pursuant to CPLR Article 50A or Article 50B, the following of the above annuity issuers apply:
- United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York(as of 12/31/2010)
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
For more details please click here for a more comprehensive one page list of structured annuity companies, including their third party financial ratings.
Structured settlement annuities are only offered through appointed structured settlement managing general agencies by their insurance licensed employees, or through affiliated insurance licensed independent agents and brokers.
Current as of December 31, 2010
Use this free Structured Settlement quote form online or call 888-325-8640 toll-free for structured settlement quotes, structured attorney fee quotes for both annuity and non annuity funded solutions, employment structured settlement quotes, divorce structured settlement quotes, structured sales quotes for business installment sales and real estate installment sales and periodic payments for deferred athlete and celebrity endorsement deals.