Oasis Legal Finance claims that its founders and staff of professionals, from top legal firms and Wall Street financial institutions, have deep experience in law, finance, credit and business. The team understands complex cases, which speeds the qualification process for your lawsuit funding.
With all that legal talent why is Oasis legal Finance engage in false advertising?
On its web page that is entitled Structured Settlement Cash Funding Oasis Legal Finance makes the following claims:
- "We’ll offer you the opportunity to sell your annuity payments and structured settlement payments for cash you can use right now.
- "By completing and submitting the no cost-no risk application on this page, you’ll be steps closer to receiving the cash YOU ALREADY OWN".
- "We welcome your questions regarding cash today for your structured settlement payment"
- Does Oasis Legal Finance have documentation to support that it gives people cash you can use right now?
- Does Oasis Legal Finance have documentation to support that it gives people cash today (the same day they see the ad)?
- FACT: Structured settlement annuitants or payees only possess the right to receive future periodic payments. Structured settlement annuitants or payees DO NOT own the annuity or the cash that was used to purchase the annuity or other "qualified funding asset".
- If you are "steps closer" to receiving the cash then logically you are not receiving cash now from Oasis Legal Finance their cases are pending. This IS NOT the same as transferring your structured settlement payments rights for cash.
- Factoring your structured settlement shortly after it has been created is a RIP OFF. We've already proven that in a prior post. Be wary of any company that suggests that you do that.
- The video testimony of the General Counsel of the National Association of Settlement Purchasers (available on request) supports that promises of "cash now" (in relation to structured settlements) is fraud.