"The job of the president of the United States is not to legislate but to lead," John Edwards said last night said - a point he repeated several times.
If "the war on terror is a bumper sticker"John Edwards is a leader then WHY is John Edwards avoiding "tough questions" about (1) his connection to FORGE Consulting, LLC other than the campaign contributions and $2,000-a-head drinks and hors d'oeuvres; (2) the basis of singling them out for his "highest recommendation" when he was long gone from his personal injury practice BEFORE FORGE Consulting. LLC was founded, and (3) whether or not Presidential candidate John Edwards has given permission to FORGE Consulting to use his name to sell regulated insurance products?
To recap, according to FORGE Consulting advertising and letters of solicitation in connection with regulated insurance products and services John Edwards has given FORGE his "highest recommendation"
As a result John Edwards' "standard" IS associated with :
- A company that falsely advertised that it is the only plaintiff exclusive company in the country.
- A company that falsely advertised that it is the only plaintiff exclusive structured settlement firm for the New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- A company whose advertisement to the Ohio Trial Lawyers Association directory included a principal who was not licensed and currently is not licensed according to Ohio Insurance Department records.Download charles_schell_ohio_agent_look_up.pdf Download agentlesults_schell_ohio.pdf
- A company whose web and print advertising has consistently missed fundamental facts about the business that it is in.
- A company whose principals signed an affidavit under the Federal perjury statute in 2005 (and whose President also signed in 2006) to get business from the United States government while simultaneously making statements to other potential clients that could not be true if the affidavit were true ; and vice versa.
- A company with a Freudian hedge that includes putting "equivocated guaranteed and approximate" in the same sentence when describing "the sole benefit" of a dubious proposition about an interest rate it claims it can get for some of John Edwards' biggest contributors.
- A company which advertised (until exposed by this blog in Sept-Oct 2006) that it buys structured annuities (from injury victims)... in addition to setting them up!
- Other items of interest which you can view by clicking the "Forge Consulting" or "Forge Consulting Issues and Opinions" tab on the right side of this page.
I have made an effort to see that John Edwards and his campaign have been made aware of the above. SS4R's "John Edwards-Forge Consulting-What's the Truth?" meter shows that John Edwards has had 70 days to dispute FORGE Consulting's advertisement and solicitation and yet HAS NOT done so.
Does this nation need a President with these "standards"? Draw your own conclusions.
"I say all of those judgments and questions are entirely legitimate. I mean, you offer yourself up for service to the country as the President of the United States, you deserve to be evaluated. I am perfectly open to that evaluation". John Edwards, from an interview with Katie Couric March 2006.