In a developing story, I learned today that FORGE Consulting, LLC has been soliciting Ohio trial lawyers with the claim that it is the only plaintiff exclusive company in Ohio.
The statement attributed to FORGE Consulting, LLC is untrue and, if used by FORGE Consulting, LLC to obtain business in Ohio at the expense of injured victims and their lawyers, or other plaintiff exclusive structured settlement brokers or settlement planners, it could have serious consequences for FORGE Consulting, LLC.
It is quite simple, the first reason that the statement is untrue is because FORGE Consulting, LLC simply is NOT a plaintiff exclusive company, UNLESS its principals have committed perjury. The President of FORGE Consulting, John T. Bair of Buffalo, New York signed a declaration, under penalty of perjury, in August 2006 that in each of the past 3 years he provided substantial services to or on behalf of defendants and their counsel. The declaration was made in writing to the United States Department of Justice to get on the USDOJ approved list of annuity brokers. A copy was obtained by this author under the Freedom of Information Act and posted to this blog. Furthermore, copies the 2005 declarations of both John T. Bair and fellow principals, Henry Hungerford Spooner Phillips, IV and Charles T. Schell were also obtained and posted. The originals are in the hands of the USDOJ.
The second reason the statement is untrue is simply that there are other plaintiff exclusive firms and brokers licensed in Ohio. Moreover there are plaintiff exclusive firms and brokers that are domiciled in Ohio. FORGE Consulting is not domiciled, nor does it have an office in Ohio.
Structured Settlements 4Real previously reported similar outrageous claims made by FORGE Consulting in :
- written brochure handed out to trial lawyers at 2006 Annual Meeting of ATLA Seattle, WA
- written brochure handed out to trial lawyers at 2007 Winter Meetings AAJ Miami, FL
- 2/21/2007 letter from FORGE Consulting, LLC principal Howard Saperston to Rhode Island Trial Lawyers
- FORGE Consulting print advertising to New York State Trial Lawyers
QUESTION: What do Trial lawyers know about this? Are they turning a blind eye to this outrage because FORGE Consulting is (purportedly) a massive contributor to national and state trial lawyer associations and the Democratic National Committee? Is the message that its OK to mislead if the political donations are right?
QUESTION: Has FORGE Consulting, LLC made any claims that it is the only plaintiff exclusive company offering structured settlements or settlement planning addressed to lawyers or plaintiffs in your state?
Other reading that may be helpful
- FTC: Advertising and Marketing on The Internet: Rules of The Road This is the Federal Trade Commission's interpretation of article 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act
- FTC: FAQ for Small Businesses
- Doubts Continue that Forge Consulting is Plaintiff Exclusive as Advertised March 9, 2007
- Sad Sap Hits up "Little Rhody" Trial Lawyers March 9, 2007
B.S. in Ohio (a song to the tune of Crosby Stills Nash Young " Four Dead in Ohio", adapted lyrics, in my opinion )
- Ex-Soldiers and Pilots Coming
- We're fantastic on our own
- This Summer Can Hear Their Drummin'
- Forge Said in Ohio
- Got to get down to it
- Stop Forge From Snowing Us Now
- They should've been gone long ago
- What if you knew it?
- And Did Nothing About
- How can you run when you know? When YOU Know!
- Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na
- Na Na Na Na Na Na Na NAH
- Say They're "The Only Ones" (sing "Wah-uns")
- B.S. in Ohio
- They aren't "The Only Ones"(sing "Wah-uns")
- Got Proof for Ohio
- B.S in Ohio
- Sad Sap in Little Rhody.
- B.S. Like Ohio
- Forge Said in Ohio
- B.S. in Ohio (repeat to fade)