David Bonior, John Edwards' "crypt keeper" and 2008 campaign chairman sent me an email letter yesterday which opened as follows:
There is a trail of rot making its way through our government—and it leads straight to Karl Rove."
"Dear David (Bonior)
YOU have been made aware of a trail of rot stinking up your candidate's name and it leads straight to 737 Main Street Buffalo New York.
David Bonior states:
"Enough is enough. Impartial justice must be protected. Integrity in government must be defended. Karl Rove must be fired."
"Enough is enough...integrity of the laws concerning the advertising and solicitation of financial vehicles to victims of personal injury and wrongful death and the legal profession, must be protected. Forge Consulting must be fired"
Right now Presidential candidate John Edwards' name is associated with:
- Blatant false statement that Forge Consulting is the only plaintiff exclusive structured settlement firm in the country.
- Blatant false statements that Forge Consulting is the only plaintiff exclusive structured settlement firm in various states, which have trial lawyer associations to which Forge Consulting has apparently contributed lots of money (in addition to contributions by its principals and their wives to the Edwards campaign).
- Principals of a firm that has advertised that it is a plaintiff exclusive structured settlement firm while knowing that its President signed an affidavit declaring to the United States Department of Justice, subject to the Federal perjury statute, that he has provided substantial structured settlement services to or on behalf of DEFENDANTS, or their counsel, in each of the past 3 years. Nobody is putting down plaintiff exclusivity as a business choice. However, we are saying is that John Edwards name is associated with an individual and a firm that are collectively making two mutually exclusive statements that have Federal and State legal implications, and it may hurt John Edwards.
- A firm whose recent solicitation in Ohio , one of the key John Edwards battleground states, includes the picture of a principal who does not appear to be licensed to solicit insurance in the State of Ohio
- A firm whose President, in written communication, solicits members of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA) using the John Edwards name and in same written communication, using John Edwards' name, mischaracterizes what the New York CPLR 5003-a statute says.
- A firm that solicited investment planning services of John Edwards' leading backers (trial lawyers) without identifying the affiliated broker dealer or registered investment adviser on distributed sales literature to prospects in more than one state.
- A firm that baits John Edwards' leading backers(trial attorneys) for structured attorney fee transaction with a highly questionable interest rate using the words "equivocated", "guaranteed" and "approximate" to characterize this highly questionable interest rate in the same sentence.
- A firm and its President whose actions, in using John Edwards name, have regrettably and directly caused this focused and continued examination of Presidential candidate John Edwards.
Mr. Bonior, I ask you what does this say about John Edwards' standards IF, in light of substantial evidence, John Edwards "gives them his highest recommendation"?